"We are dedicated to winning through our commitment to excellence, integrity and quality in everything we do. We pledge to help our sponsors build their brands and grow their business, and to make New Haven a better place to live through our support of worthy social causes."
NEW HAVEN RUGBY CODE OF CONDUCT
New Haven Rugby and the New Haven Rugby Disciplinary Board expect all players to abide by the following code of conduct:
- All players shall maintain a high standard of moral and ethical conduct, which includes self control, responsible behavior; consideration for the physical and emotional well-being of others, proper manners on the field and in public places where New Haven Rugby sponsored events/games are being held and while traveling to and from such places.
- All players shall abstain from the use of illegal drugs and the immoderate use of alcohol before, during or after matches, as well as at New Haven Rugby sponsor's place of business, sponsored events or games. Any player under the age of 21 shall abstain from any use of alcohol.
- All Players shall abstain from obnoxious, impolite or antisocial behavior of any sort that would adversely affect the image of New Haven Rugby. This includes verbal abuse of players, opponent, officials or supporters during a matches or a New Haven Rugby sponsored events or games.
- All players and supporters must respect the ground rules that are in effect at any particular match, such as prohibitions against having any alcohol or pubic indecency on the grounds and in public parks.
- All players have a responsibility for the behavior of their supporters while attending New Haven Rugby sponsored events/games.
- All players shall respect and play within the Laws & Regulations that govern the sport of rugby, as set forth by the International Rugby Board (IRB), USA Rugby and NERFU.
- All players have the responsibility to be game fit and to take care of any injuries incurred on or off the field. All injuries should be communicated to the Coach and/or Captain immediately following the game.
- All Players have the responsibility to show up on time for both games and practices. On game day all players must arrive 1 hour prior to the start of the game (unless previously communicated differently) and for away games must arrive at the predetermined departure time. For practices players must be kitted up prior to the designated start time. Any deviation from this must be communicated to the Coach and/or Captain prior to the scheduled time.
- Any player found in violation of the "Code of Conduct" will have an opportunity to explain his actions to the Disciplinary Board who will then determine the consequence. Consequences will range from a warning, a monetary fine, match suspensions or expulsion.
Violations of this Code of Conduct will be immediately addressed by the New Haven Rugby Disciplinary Board.